I am a firm believer that subscription boxes can be used for cost savings and to make life a little easier. The toothbrush is definitely one of those things that we can save on.
I will be the first to admit, that I lack in flossing skills and I probably don’t brush as long as I am supposed to (2 minutes is a lot longer than you think).
I also am guilty of not keeping track of when I bought my last toothbrush, and if it is time to replace it.
Quip to the rescue…
I am one of those people that actually watch the ads on her social media feeds and clicks on them to see more. When I saw the ad for quip, I was intrigued. I was previously using a store-bought battery-powered toothbrush and it worked fine. it was slightly more expensive because of the battery and it was really hard to remember how long I’d been using my current brush.
Here is the straightforward list of benefits of the quip, in my opinion.
- Has a 2-minute built-in timer with 30-second intervals for even brushing.
- Sends quarterly replacement brushes (and toothpaste)!
- Comes with very clear and concise instructions.
- Has a sleek design with a great travel/storage case.
- It pretty affordable for a power toothbrush and has a very affordable refill plan.
All in all, I am very impressed with this product. I enjoy using it and it has helped me be better about toothbrush upkeep.
If you are interested in trying quip out, here is a referral link!